Calgary gets some serious love in the Canada YouTube Ads Leaderboard in July, with three ads that really grabbed people's attention across Canada. At the top of the leaderboard, the Calgary Stampede and Tourism Calgary show us the resilience of Calgarians and that the city is indeed open for business. Tide also makes the list with its Loads of Hope program, which came to Canada for the first time in support of the residents of Southern Alberta. In other July favourites, Honda created a crowd pleaser early in the month with their “Hands” video, and a Romanian McDonald’s ad made the both the Canada and US lists, showing that the antics of Despicable Me 2’s minions span linguistic barriers.
1. The Calgary Stampede, Media: DSA Media - "Our Second Century Begins"
2. Tourism Calgary, Creative Ad agency: Venture Communications - "Calgary, Our Doors are Open"
3. Honda, Creative Ad Agency: Wieden+Kennedy - "Hands"
4. Heineken, Creative Ad Agency: Wieden+Kennedy - "Departure Roulette"
5. Tide, Media: Mediacom - "Loads of Hope Comes to Alberta"
6. GoPro, Creative Ad Agency: in-house - "Chicken The Dog"
7. EA Sports, Creative: Heat & Wieden+Kennedy - "NCAA Football 14 - How Real Is It?"
8. Qualcomm, Creative by: The Viral Factory - "The World Without Mobile"
9. McDonalds Romania, Creative Ad Agency: TBWA - "Happy Meal - Despicable Me 2"
10. Lebanon Ministry of Tourism, Creative Ad Agency: BBDO - "Don't go to Lebanon!"
Come on Canada, surely we can do better than only three ads actually created by and for Canadians, no?
via: Google | Think Insights